J.J. WALKER SEIFERT, Esq.
J.J. is short for Jennifer Joy, and she has lived in Rome since 2001.
- Mercer University, Macon, Georgia, BA Political Science, Communication & Theater Arts, cum laude
- Tift College Scholar, music scholarship, Georgia Baptist Scholarship, Alpha Gamma Delta, Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society, Who's Who
- Mercer University's Walter F. George School of Law.
- Full Presidential Scholarship to law school
- graduated top 20% of her class in 2002
- coveted certificate in Advanced Legal Research & Writing.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
Ms. Seifert worked as an associate attorney at the offices of Jenkins & Olson (now known as Jenkins & Bowen) in Cartersville, Georgia from 2002 through 2006 handling mostly civil defense litigation for insurance companies including Georgia Farm Bureau. Her first three years of practice were spent primarily handling the Federal class action suit styled In re: Tri-State Crematory as lead counsel for the Marsh family defendants.
After almost 5 years with Jenkins & Olson, Ms. Seifert was fortunate to have the opportunity to clerk for The Honorable F. Larry Salmon, a (now Senior) Judge from Floyd County Superior Court.
In 2008, Ms. Seifert joined the Floyd County Public Defender's Office and spent the next 7 years representing indigent defendants charged with crimes ranging from public drunk and DUI to rape and murder. During her time as a public defender, she settled thousands of cases with favorable negotiated plea agreements and tried almost 100 jury trials as lead defense counsel.
In July of 2015, Ms. Seifert opened Seifert Law with the mission of providing competent, compassionate and courageous representation to potential clients from all over Northwest Georgia in all areas of practice.